Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What Can I Do?

As I search for meaning in my life, career, etc., I sometimes think maybe I'm over thinking things. My mind swirls with all the ideas, classes, volunteering I could/should be doing. Then at the end of the day I feel as if I haven't accomplished anything worthwhile.

So do I jump on this treadmill of guilt again and again? It seems like I should. It gives me something to do but is it really helping me at all? I'd like to thank my Catholic upbringing for giving me the ability to see my own guilt but then do something about it. No one really likes a martyr and I'm not very good at it. My hubby sent me something today, I thought was rather appropriate. I like the two phrases below I highlighted in blue. So when I look to accomplishing some incredible, awe-inspiring feat that will save the world maybe I should remember those phrases below. Be kind and spread love.

Here are some great ways of dealing with the burdens of life:

Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be "recalled" by their maker.

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to be kind to others.

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

When everything's coming your way, You're in the wrong lane.

Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Philanthropist

My photo
Getting the word out about people, nonprofits and events changing lives through social media.

http://vimeo.com/9030605